Didi Moses is better known as a judge on SA's version of So You Think You Can Dance - Seasons 1 & 2.
Her extensive dance background comprises of Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Tap, Spanish Dance, Argentine Tango and Ballet.
As an established choreographer & creative director, Didi has worked on various tv commercials, film, music video and theatre productions as well as corporate events supplying dancers and choreography for singers such as Loyiso Bala, and companies including Vodacom, Chivas Regal, Old Mutual, Shell & Huawei, where she choreographed a launch for them in Cairo, Egypt..
Her career started at the age of 19- years. She has performed in various musicals at Artscape & the Baxter Theatre & at The Royal Lyceum Theatre in Edinburgh at the tender age of 19, where after she travelled to London, did classes at Pineapple dance studios, then proceeded with a career in Musical Theatre for 13-years, when she came back to South Africa. She also performed in a Kramer/Petersen production in Malaysia, & later on branched out into the Film Industry, where she finds herself, very happily today.
As a public figure, with her stint on So You Think You Can dance-South Africa, Didi is requested for many hosting duties, as well as judging various events, including: The presenter search for Selimathunzi on SABC1, MTV VJ Search in Cape Town, guest presenter on Selimathunzi for MCQP 2012, judging for dance competitions such as Dance Star International, South African Dance Awards, adjudicating/examining for CAPA & Waterfront Theatre School choreographic competition, & a for a charity called Rachel's Angels.
Didi has also had the honour of working with John-John O'Connolly - choreographer of the movie Moulin Rouge, Bruno Tonioli - judge on Strictly Come dancing - UK, & sat on a panel with Nigel Lythgoe - creator of So You Think you can dance.
Didi is also a renowned performance coach for singers & actors, for various performances, including stage, film & auditions.
As at January 2018, Didi has choreographed 86 TV commercials to date, making her the most sought-after on-set choreographer for TV commercials, & being requested globally from Directors around the world, to be the choreographer on movies & commercials being shot in South Africa.
Visit the 'GALLERY' page on this site, to view 50 of Didi's TV commercials that she has choreographed.
Her impressive CV extends beyond that of a dancer & choreographer. She is an all-round creative, & as she always says: "I tap into every creative aspect of myself, wherever I can."
Didi has traveled around the country teaching workshops as well as master and guest classes at Pretoria's Tswane University and the Dance Junxion in Rosebank in Johannesburg, Elite Dance Studio in Vanderbijl Park & Global Dance Convention, (an annual dance gathering of young dancers around South Africa, flocking to attend the workshops with selected choreographers around the Country).
"Dance is one of the most celebrated forms of expression. Everyone wants to dance beautifully! This is why I want to do this everyday!"
Didi's company Love.Dance Agency supplies corporate, on-camera and private client with a large variety of dance entertainment for any kind of event or production.
She also offers group, private and specialized dance classes as well as workshops, master and choreographic classes for professionals and dance companies.
If you have an up & coming event or function, & need quality entertainment, don't hesitate to call Didi & her creative team, for a one-stop-shop service of everything from performers, costumes, hair & make-up: ensuring a full service of entertainment of a high standard.
Didi is also moonlights as a personal stylist & make-up artist, specializing in fantasy & theatrical make-up, specifically for corporate events, & has a keen interest in costume design.
Her activewear label, LeoTART, is available on order from her Instagram page: @leotart5678.
A funky, comfortable range of rehearsal, dance & activewear for dancers & dance lovers, & now introducing swimwear, made from 4-way stretch, matte lycra, as well as her costume range, called The Showgirl Collection.
Did describes herself as a workaholic, who maintains a positive & energetic outlook on life.
Her motto: There's only one way to do something; the right way!
Recent Work - MOST RECENT WORK, AT THE TOP OF LIST.
* KFC tvc - UK - 2019 (Dancers mimicking chickens in a funky way)
* Even & Lovely tvc - India - 2018(subtle feminine choreography for 3 models & the lead)
* Prince TVC - (Kids ballet class choreography)
* State Lottery TVC - (Crowd choreography)
* Warrior - TV series - (choreography of orgy scene)
* E-Buwie TVC - (Dance Fitness choreography)
* Audi tvc - Germany
* Judge - Dance Star International 2017 (Only local judge on the panel) - CT round
* Coca Cola tvc -Global signature move.
* BrightRock Awards - Rugby Players awards ceremony - Sandton Convention Centre, JHB
* Reed 'Dancing Feet' tvc - UK
* Pril tvc - Germany (Director: Bruce Parramore)
* Levi tvc - Circle of Dance - 2017 (Director: Jake Nava)
* Choreography of theVoodoo dance scene in Outlander Season 3
* B&Q TVC - UK
* FNB 'Help' TVC - SA (Contemporary duo choreography)
* Sun Life TVC - (Busby Berkeley styled piece)
* Orchard Thieves (cider) TVC
* Tena TVC - UK (Rio Carnival street scene)
* Cape Town judge on the panel of Dance Star International - 2016
* Cape Judge on the panel for South African Dance Awards - 2016
* Choreographer for the Sufi dance scene in the movie, The Empty Man
* LVQR tvc choreography - Middle East
* Judge for On Stage Talent Search in Port Elizabeth - 2016
* Unicef PSA - #WhatIReallyReallyWant campaign for Global Goals -currently on 58million views - 2016
- * Laura Mvula Music Video - Phenomenal Woman
- * Esprit TVC – UK
- * JHB & CT judge on Dance Star SA.
- * Competition Director & Head Judge on Sisters of Dance 2015
- * SA choreographer & Acts co-ordinator for Dare 2 Dance - India (16-episode reality show
- on dance)
- * Choreography/Staging/Movement co-ordination on Take me our-SA on SABC1.
- * Judge for the Waterfront Theatre School's choreographic Competition, 2013 & 2014
- * Coca Cola TVC for Brazil World Cup - Eastern Europe
- * Dance scenes in a local movie, Hollywood in my Huis - Director: Corne van Rooyen
- * Castle Lite Stills commercial - SA
- * C&A TVC - 2014 (9-TVC's choreographed)
- * Choreography for Yummy Yummy - music video by artist, Ben Caesar
* On-camera workshops for dancers & performers
- * 27 April 2013 - Judged Mr & Miss Rachel's Angels in Stellenbosch.
- * x3 Bonduelle TVC's - France Director: Bruce Parramore
- * January 2013 - Got offered to fly to Santiago, Chile to choreograph a TVC there.
- * Zulu - choreographed the seduction scene between Forest Whitaker (Ali) & Joelle Kayembe (Zina), & supplied & choreographed the dance-double
- * Felix - local movie, directed by Roberta Durant
- * Always TVC - Pan African Countries
- * Dr.Scholl TVC for UK - January 2012
- * Always TVC for Sub-Saharan Africa - 2012
- * Judge for the Cape Town Carnival - March 2012
- * Virgin Active TVC-SA - 'what's your stuff' ad campaign - February 2012
- * Miss Gay Western Cape - choreography, dancers & judge.
- * Workshops all around SA.
- * Freedom to Create - an initiative by Graca Machel.
- * Samsung TVC - Nigeria.
- * Vodafone Facebook TVC - India.
- * Lays TVC - Poland.
- * McDonalds Viral Campaign.
- * Lipton Iced Tea TVC - Poland - 2013
- * Jacobs Biscuits TVC-UK - choreography & 9 dancers supplied - 2013
- * Back-up dancer supplied for the Vanilla Ice Concert at Grandwest Arena in December 2010.
- * Cintron Energy Drink launch in December 2010 in JHB - choreographed by Didi with 6 of the Company dancers.
- * Kleenex TV ad - choreography.
- * Trina TVC - SA - choreography & dancers supplied from Love. Dance Agency - Spain
- * Freshpak Rooibos tea TVC - SA - choreography & body double/dancer supplied from Love. Dance Agency.
- * Dancers for Nashua Mobile at Stormers Rugby Games - January 2010.
- * Supplied Can-Can dancers for Gavin Rajah's New Years Eve event at the One & Only Hotel, V&A - 2009/2010.
- * LG Jazz TV ad for India - choreography & 40 dancers supplied from Love. Dance Agency.
- * Liqui Fruit tvc - SA
- * Lipton Iced Tea -" The Audition" commercial